Hunslet RLFC are inviting applications for the position of Head Coach for the 2024 Season. This is a part time position that will report directly to the CEO. This offers an exciting opportunity for the right individual to coach high performing team and work with a progressive Board, helping to influence and grow the Club, and the wider business, across the sport and in the local community.
- Management of Coaching staff.
- Management of playing budget.
- Squad recruitment and contract negotiations.
- Planning, delivery and evaluation of all training and game day activity.
- Game analysis and feedback to playing squad.
- Individual development of players and coaching staff.
- Monthly Board updates.
- Support for wider Club projects and Board directives.
- Building relationships with key Club personnel and other stakeholders.
- The ability to project a positive image of the Club to people at all levels.
- Handle Press and media responsibilities as required.
- Attendance at fan forums and Club Events.
- The ideal candidate will have a high degree of self-motivation and drive for change and improvement and have:
- An enthusiastic, open, and approachable personality and resilience to deal with uncertainty.
- A successful track record.
- Commercial awareness and a professional approach
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong grasp of the technical aspects of Rugby.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong motivational skills.
- Personal integrity.
- A strategic mind set with a progressive, forward-thinking outlook.
- The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work within agreed financial budgets.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a wider team.
- Strong desire to succeed.
- Sound understanding of the strategic direction of the sport and IMG grading criteria.
- The ability to build and maintain effective relationships and to communicate well with a variety of people.
- Good planning, organising and time management skills.
- Level 3 UKCC qualification.
Timeline and Process
Hunslet RLFC is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all individuals irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.
To apply for the position, please submit an up-to-date CV, together with a covering letter, no larger than two sides of A4, detailing how your experience, personal skills and attributes make you a fit for the role, to Board Secretary Philip Clapham at: Philip.email@example.com by no later than 5pm on Wednesday 30 August.
- Sift will take place on 31st August.
- Candidates will be notified of the results on 01 September.
- Interviews will take place week commencing 04 September.
- Start Date: By agreement.
- Salary is negotiable and details will be provided on request.
For any further information, in the first instance, please direct your enquiry to Board Secretary Philip Clapham at: Philip.firstname.lastname@example.org providing your contact details and we will get back to you.