The clarion call has gone out from Hunslet Rugby League club for a successor following the recent decision of long-serving Match Day Operations Director Ian Johnson to step down from his duties.
Johnson has been obliged to resign largely because of the continuing success of his busy family restaurant in Shipley – but he has pledged to be on hand to pass on his wealth of knowledge to whoever takes on the wide-reaching and important role as the Parksiders head into the 2022 Betfred League 1 season.
Vice-chair Fiona Galloway said: “The club will offer support and training to anyone up for the challenge. This role is responsible for ensuring that our match-days at the South Leeds Stadium run smoothly, and duties include:
- Working with the general manager to ensure ticketing arrangements are in place
- Liaison with the Match-day Commissioner and officials, Leeds City Council, and press supported by the volunteers at the welcome desk
- Meeting and greeting the opposition officials
- Liaising with the Community Director on Match-day Hospitality
- Arranging and overseeing volunteer workers
- Collecting and reconciling match day ticket income along with the Finance Director.”
She continued: “This role is adjustable, and we are happy to discuss this in more detail with anyone who is interested. This is a real opportunity to bring your voice and ideas to the running of Hunslet RLFC.”
Applicants, or anyone requiring further information, should email email@example.com