The Annual General Meeting will take place on Sunday 6th May at 10.00am in the Phoenix Lounge at South Leeds Stadium.
At our Directors “Away Day” in January we took the opportunity to take a critical look at our current Board structure with a view to re-structuring to put us in a better position to take the Club forward. We made a number of decisions:
Marketing and Commercial Director
The merger of the Marketing and Commercial Director roles into one post supported by separate Commercial and Marketing Managers. The new Director role will be much more strategic and focus on longer term planning whilst the Managers will handle more of the day to day issues largely reflecting the existing Director roles. Further details are included later in this letter.
Current incumbents will remain in post:
- Marketing Manager – Gareth Evans
- Commercial Manager – Lisa Dunderdale
The Removal of the Heritage Director role as the majority of that work is now delivered through the Hunslet Rugby Foundation.
Bars and Hospitality Director
A new role to focus on driving up customer experience and profitability in these key areas. Given his previous experience in the Trade, Peter Jarvis has agreed to move across into this role from his current Heritage Director Post. This will be for an initial one year term.
Director of Rugby
This role will be rebranded as “Football Manager” and Darren Williams will stay in post.
Risk and Governance Director
We are still considering introducing a new role in this area and are researching the requirements with the RFL. We will advise further once we have more information.
As a result there are three Director posts available for election for the period 2018 – 2020 as follows:
- Finance Director
- Marketing and Commercial Director
Please note that all are unpaid positions which require particular, specialist skills. A significant amount of time will be expected to be devoted to the duties, with attendance at monthly meetings being the minimum requirement. The eligibility requirements for election are as detailed below.
HIST Board Elections 2018
Eligibility & Nominations / Rules / Timetable
This document sets out the election process for the Hunslet Independent Supporters Trust Board hereinafter referred to as “HIST”.
Eligibility & Nominations
The following criteria shall be applied:
- Anyone making a nomination has to be a member of the Trust.
- Anyone standing for election has to be a member of the Trust
- Candidates can self-nominate
- Nominations must be via a signed letter to the HIST Chairman (address above)
- Members will not be allowed to stand if they are:
- Declared bankrupt
- Subject to a disqualification order made under the Disability Disqualification Act
- Convicted of an indictable offence
- Suffering from mental disorder
- Members will be removed from office if they fail to abide by the Trust rules
- Members will be elected to a post for a period of 2 years, after which they may apply for re-election.
- Elections to the HIST Board will be held annually although positions will only become vacant in alternate years.
- There are 3 posts available for election on this occasion.
- The Committee will also have the power to Co – opt up to 4 Associate Directors without the election process subject to requirement.
- The Board shall at all times work to the benefit of HIST, Hunslet RLFC and the local community.
- The Board will undertake to consult members from time to time on key issues where appropriate.
- Members can call for a vote to remove a Board member by calling for a Special General Meeting to discuss an emergency motion outlining why the Board member is being asked to step down.
- W/c 16 April – Announcement of Elections (email / Letter to members / announcement on web – site)
- 16 April – 24 April – Nomination period
- If nominations do not exceed number of posts Board elected unopposed – announce results & publish on web – site
- If nominations exceed number of posts move to Stage 2 in the process
- 24 April – Request formal Hustings statements by (no more than 1 side of A4)
- 26 April – Issue Hustings to members with ballot paper
- 27 April – 4 May – Voting period – voting is strictly one member one vote
- 6th May – Count Ballot papers
- Announce results at AGM (To be held as soon as possible after the elections)
1 year Terms to serve from 7th May 2018 – 30 April 2019
2 year Terms to serve from 7th May 2018 – 30 April 2020
The Board reserve the right to run further elections as required should any posts be vacated during that period.
Broad overview of Board Roles and Electoral Terms.
Finance Director (2 Year Term)
- Long term Financial planning
- Sign off authority of spend
- Check accounts
- Sign off accounts
- Overview of day to day finance
Chief Executive (2 Year Term)
- Setting Strategic direction of Business
- Management of directors
- Day to Day running of club
- Line management of Office staff
- RFL Senior Level Liaison
- Leeds City Council Senior Level Liaison
- Decides and allocates budgets for depts.
- Agrees targets/objectives for depts.
- Partnership development.
Director of Marketing and Commercial (2 Year Term)
- Development and implementation of short, medium and long term strategy for Marketing and Commercial Engagement and activities
- Management of Commercial and Marketing managers
- Sourcing Leads for Main Club sponsorship
- Securing Player sponsors
- Securing match day sponsors
- Securing shirt sponsors
- Selling Advertising Hoardings
- Driving the Lottery
- Driving the Membership schemes
- Maintenance of Club Website
- Maintenance of Social Media
- Developing and maintaining links with all local / regional media providers
- Driving Hunslet TV and Social Streaming
- Advertising Phoenix Bar in liaison with the Bars and Hospitality Director and Bar Manager
Nominations must be made in writing to;
c/o Hunslet RLFC
South Leeds Stadium
Closing date for nominations is 5.00pm 24 April 2018
Please note that anybody not a member of HIST as at 13 April 2018 will not be allowed to vote in these elections