South Leeds Development Officer
Leeds Rugby Foundation
The role will be based at the following locations:
• Leeds Rugby Academy, Kirkstall
• Hunslet Hawks, JCCS, South Leeds
• Community locations in South Leeds
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Rugby League Development Officer to join Leeds Rugby Foundation and make their mark on Rugby League Development in South Leeds. Leeds Rugby Foundation (LRF) aims to CHANGE LIVES THROUGH SPORT and this individual will have the opportunity to do just that. They need to be motivated, passionate and a self-starter with fantastic communication skills and experience of working within Rugby League Development.
This opportunity has been brought about through the strong partnership between LRF, Leeds Rhinos and Hunslet Hawks. The role will involve working closely with both clubs to develop Rugby League in the South of the city.
• Rugby League and general sport/skills coaching in Primary Schools at key stage 1 and 2
• Rugby League Coaching in High Schools
• Delivering school Rugby League Festivals
• Create and foster links between schools and community clubs in South Leeds
• Arrange and deliver match day activities for youngsters at all Hunslet Hawks home games
• Create ‘Day to Remember Experience’ events at High Schools and Primary Schools in South Leeds.
• Link South Leeds schools into Leeds Rugby Foundation’s Ambassador Scheme
• Create a media release per project / coaching block
• Attendance at all core Leeds Rugby Foundation events including Leeds Rhinos match days.
• Update Outlook calendar on a weekly basis and manage own workload effectively.
• Attendance at Leeds Rugby Foundation and Hunslet Hawks camps and summer activities outside of term times as required by line manager.
• Additional work for the Leeds Rugby Foundation as requested by line manager
• Level 2 Coaching Qualification in Rugby League (can work towards within 3 months)
• Experience of schools rugby league coaching
• Experience of organizing events e.g. Rugby Festivals
• Experience of Club Development work
• Ability to communicate at all levels
• Ability to monitor own workload
• Good IT skills
• Ability to write articles for press and websites
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and individually
The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to a DBS check and references. To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Sarah Tate at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Headingley Carnegie Stadium
St Michael’s Lane
Closing date for applications is midday on Friday 27th June 2014
Interviews will take place w/c 7th July 2014 to start ASAP.