Operations & HR Director Ian Johnson gives an update on the current situation and the things the club is having to put in place to ensure we can return to training and playing.
“As we approach a new season after the curtailed 2020 season what will we be able to look forward to? Lessons from the Super League 2020 season have been passed down and the RFL have come up with a set of instructions for clubs to put in place to enable games to be played at their own stadiums.”
“The paperwork is a little bewildering at times and the hoops to be jumped through are significant but we have a great deal of help from the Stadium management to use the main pitch for training as a clean area and also in the areas we can use on a match-day to keep everyone as safe as possible.”
What do we have to do to comply?
- Everybody who attends training has to complete a wellbeing form and bring to training.
- Everyone is temperature checked.
- Social distancing has to be observed during training and limited use of shared resources e.g. balls.
- The next step up in training is to move to contact and then everyone needs to have a lateral flow test once a week.
- All sessions to be video’d so that identification of players at risk can be made should a positive test be made.
Match day Behind Closed Doors (BCD)
- Paperwork for match day including arrival times, locations and Match-day arrangements to Away team, Press and Match-Officials, pre game.
- Changing facilities keeping social distance.
- Lateral flow test 48 hrs before game.
- Temp checks and wellbeing checks on arrival.
- Stadium split into zones with limited essential staff in a tightly controlled Red Zone.
- Amber zone for other staff and Press. Video area for our-league and S/T access to streaming app.
- Temp check of Away team and Match-Officials.
- Warm up areas.
- Sanitising of Equipment during game/half-time.
- Individual medical, isolation and Drugs Testing Areas.
- Individual food parcels.
- Full cleaning of all areas used.
Match-Day with Supporters
- As BCD for Players & Staff.
- On-line ticketing for pre game sales, no on day purchases.
- Turnstile arrangement to keep social distance and safety of operators.
- New ticketing system using scanners for no touch access.
- One way system in stadium, Hospitality and Bar areas.
- Change of seating arrangements with social distancing arrangement and zonal arrangements.
- One way system for movement around stadium.
- Exit safety arrangement.